Vehicle Trimmer (WA)

State/Territory Specific Information

Education and Training:

To become a vehicle trimmer you usually have to complete an apprenticeship or traineeship in Automotive Body Repair Technology or Automotive and Marine Trimming Technology. Entry requirements may vary, but employers generally require Year 10. Ask your career adviser about the possibility of starting some of this training in school.

Additional Information:

To work as a vehicle trimmer in WA, you will need to obtain, or work under the supervision of someone who holds, a Motor Vehicle Repairer's Certificate. This certificate can be obtained from the Commissioner for Consumer Protection at the Department of Commerce (WA). See for more information.

A National Police Certificate is required to gain a Motor Vehicle Repairer's Certificate.

Related Courses:

While the following courses are related to this occupation, they may not necessarily lead directly to employment, nor provide the most direct pathway to the occupation. Courses which provide preliminary or informal training, as well as those which provide additional job skills following initial qualifications may also be listed.

*Course is offered by more than one institution. Click link for details.

  1. Certificate II in Automotive Body Repair Technology

Employment Opportunities:

Vehicle trimmers work for specialist trimming firms, crash repair firms, car manufacturers and distributors, and other firms that repair or construct automotive vehicles, aircraft or marine craft.

For Further Information:

Commissioner for Consumer Protection, Department of Commerce (WA)

1300 304 064

Engineering and Automotive Training Council Inc.

(08) 9201 2999

MTA WA's Automotive Institute of Technology

(08) 9233 9800

Information for other states and territories: