Market researchers collect and analyse information to assist with marketing and to determine whether a demand exists for a particular product or service.
Market researchers may perform the following tasks:
- design questionnaires and select sample groups to survey
- collect facts from sources such as company records showing the total volume of sales, or from government statistics and information such as population census data
- arrange and analyse collected information
- interpret and predict current and future consumer trends, such as changes in tastes and lifestyles
- write reports on the results of research activities
- discuss information needs with clients
- identify specific consumer markets for clients.
Market Research Analyst
A market research analyst determines the market for new products, develops advertising strategies and evaluates the best business sites for various types of commercial enterprises.
Market Research Interviewer
A market research interviewer assists market researchers in collecting information by speaking with people face-to-face or over the telephone, and recording (on questionnaires or in reports) the answers or details given by interviewees about the market research subject.
- able to analyse and interpret information
- enjoy statistics and computers
- good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advertising Account Executive
- Research Officer
- Sales Representative
Education and Training, Employment Opportunities and Additional Information
Select the State/Territory you are interested in: