Gaming workers provide gamblers with gaming services in casinos and other gambling establishments.
Gaming workers may perform the following tasks:
- monitor cash given to cashiers and transactions of gaming tokens (called chips)
- keep an eye open for possible incidents and settle disputes arising at gaming tables
- deal games in accordance with casino rules, policies and procedures
- advise patrons about the rules and etiquette of games
- check gaming equipment and make sure it is in good condition
- report any missing or damaged equipment.
A croupier shuffles and deals cards, spins roulette or money wheels or mini dice cage and explains and interprets the rules of games to customers. Croupiers announce and pay winning bets and collect losing bets, and sell gaming tokens at the gaming tables to customers.
Gaming Inspector (Casino)
A gaming inspector (casino) supervises gaming table activities and staff.
Gaming Inspector (Government)
A gaming inspector (government) reports incidents of illegal activity by casino employees or patrons and attends court to give evidence where necessary. Government gaming inspectors check the financial statistics and taxation requirements of the casino and conduct pre-licensing inspections and regular checks on hotels and clubs.
Gaming Machine Worker
A gaming machine worker operates and maintains the various gaming machines in the casino. They may also call and verify the results of Keno draws.
Gaming workers are required to do shiftwork, including nights, weekends and public holidays. They may have to stand for long periods of time. Uniforms may be provided.
- mature and confident
- high level of integrity
- able to make calculations quickly and accurately
- high level of personal grooming
- good communication skills and friendly personality
- able to work under pressure and deal with difficult customers
- able to concentrate for long periods of time without distraction
- good with hands
- at least 18 years of age.
Education and Training, Employment Opportunities and Additional Information
Select the State/Territory you are interested in: