Dietary aides assist dietitians to maintain high standards of nutritional care for patients in hospital settings.
Dietary aides may perform the following tasks:
- discuss the dietary needs of patients with healthcare professionals
- interview patients to discuss food preferences
- assist with the planning of menus for patients
- ensure food is hygienically and correctly prepared and well presented
- maintain diet records
- assist with the implementation of a nutrition care plan in consultation with dietitians
- assist with training staff to prepare and serve meals for patients with particular diets
- use computers for data entry and retrieval.
Dietary aides may be required to undertake rostered weekend work and shiftwork.
- good communication skills
- enjoy working with people
- good organisational skills.
Education and Training, Employment Opportunities and Additional Information
Select the State/Territory you are interested in: