Civil celebrants conduct civil (non-religious) marriage ceremonies, funerals, commitment ceremonies, namings and other ceremonies, as well as maintain appropriate records.
Civil celebrants may perform the following tasks:
- ensure legal paperwork is correct and submitted on time
- work with individuals, couples, families or other groups to create a ceremony meeting their requirements
- write and conduct ceremonies
- solemnise or legally observe marriages
- communicate with people dealing with significant life changes, including loss and grief.
- enjoy working with a variety of different people
- good oral and written communication skills
- confident in public speaking situations
- flexible, tactful and empathetic
- mature, responsible, dedicated and conscientious
- socially and psychologically insightful
- well organised.
Education and Training, Employment Opportunities and Additional Information
Select the State/Territory you are interested in: