Cheesemakers make and supervise the making of cheese.
Cheesemakers may perform the following tasks:
- operate a wide range of mechanical equipment, often from a sophisticated control room
- monitor the production of cheese using process control and recording systems
- supervise and carry out the cleaning, sanitation and preparation of equipment.
In small factories that use traditional methods there is a lot of skilled manual work. Cheesemakers are often required to work shifts.
- good communication skills
- enjoy practical and manual work
- high standard of personal hygiene
- able to supervise other workers.
Education and Training, Employment Opportunities and Additional Information
Select the State/Territory you are interested in: