Car Wash Attendant
Car wash attendants wash, scrub and polish the exteriors of vehicles. They may also vacuum seats and carpets and clean door trims and hinges in the interior of vehicles.
Car wash attendants may perform the following tasks:
- vacuum, clean and maintain vehicle interiors, including dashboards, consoles, carpet and car seats
- clean door trims and hinges
- wash and polish vehicle exteriors and blacken tyres
- drive vehicles through automatic car washes.
A vehicle detailer undertakes the tasks of a car wash attendant and also cleans engines and underbodies, treating them with rust-proofing chemicals. They also repair minor surface rust stains and make minor repairs to scratched or chipped paintwork. A vehicle detailer rejuvenates dull paintwork on older vehicles.
- enjoy practical work
- an eye for detail
- able to work without supervision
- able to cope with the physical demands of the job.
Education and Training, Employment Opportunities and Additional Information
Select the State/Territory you are interested in: