Beauty therapists apply face and body treatments and advise on skin care.
Beauty therapists may perform the following tasks:
- carry out skin analysis and give advice about skin and body care
- perform facial or body massage and/or aromatherapy treatment
- analyse body type and advise on exercise programs and nutrition
- use a variety of treatments and electrical equipment to treat individual skin and body conditions
- remove facial and body hair by electrolysis or waxing
- provide advice and support to clients following cosmetic surgery
- recognise problems and refer clients to medical practitioners such as dermatologists, plastic surgeons, endocrinologists, podiatrists, chiropractors and physiotherapists
- apply make-up
- perform manicures, pedicures, nail extensions and eyelash and brow tinting
- perform reception duties (such as receive bookings and arrange appointments)
- maintain client records
- provide advice on and sell cosmetic products and related beauty equipment.
A beautician provides waxing, manicure, pedicure, eyelash and brow tinting and make-up application services.
A beauty consultant an experienced senior sales assistant who promotes one or more brands of cosmetic products in department stores and pharmacies by providing advice on the purchase and application of cosmetics.
- well groomed at all times
- good health
- pleasant and tactful
- genuine interest in people
- good hand-eye coordination
- sensitive when dealing with clients for body and facial treatments.
Education and Training, Employment Opportunities and Additional Information
Select the State/Territory you are interested in: